Saturday, December 4, 2010

This is what failure (and idiocy) must taste like

Case 1.

I order the lobster bisque from au bon pain, even though I didn't have fond memories of the shrimp bisque from University cafe or whatever it's called (It was too shrimpy and ocean-y and then when it got lukewarm and then cold it got lumpy and filmy).  But I order the lobster bisque anyways and it is still horrible.  I should learn not to order bisque from anywhere other than a restaurant that would get at least 3 dollar signs on yelp but I do anyways.  It is still watery and and still entirely tastes too much like the sea and lobster shells.  Which I suppose is what people like about the soup but I'll never learn.

Case 2.

I buy the eel roll from M2M even though again, it is not something one should order anywhere other than a restaurant that gets $$$ on yelp.  The first two pieces are good.  But then it gets harder and there's a little too much skin that's not quite crunchy but slimy and substantial so that I feel like I'm swallowing whole live eels instead of....chopped up dead ones.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a racist, funny. Thanks for sharing the posts and drop by me too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete