Sunday, October 27, 2013

I don't like painted pumpkins

If I were Larry David or Seinfeld, it would be funny that I'm griping about such asinine things.  But I'm not, so it's not.


I hate painted pumpkins.  They annoy me so much.  Call me narrow-minded, but I feel that pumpkins are strictly to be carved if they are to be made into decorations.  At least that way it utilizes and showcases the hollow nature of the gourd, especially when a glowing candle is placed inside. When you paint it, it just feels like such a waste, a superficial film of illustration while its insides of pulp and seeds lay rotting.  When you could've made bland roasted pumpkin seeds.  You might as well just paint a solid rock.  Those were never alive.


side note: In elementary school they never let me eat pumpkin seeds because they were afraid I was allergic to them, nut allergy-afflicted child that I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment