Friday, July 30, 2010

New Shop

I made a new etsy shop for my current and future collections (moving on moving up).  I realized there was a bit of a discontinuity between my items all the way up to last year and the items I'm designing now.  It's like two different eras.  Sure, the medium is part of it but I think (I hope) my tastes  have evolved a bit since 10th grade.  My core aesthetic has remained the same but it has considerably become somewhat more streamlined, focused...somewhat. Truly though, it probably is the medium, silver (maybe gold soon?), it's just so much more effective for translating brain blueprints into real-life objects.

So fruition.etsy.com will now be just be for one-offs, one of a kinds, and prototypes.
kristylin.etsy.com  will be for the new shiny stuff.
God, I feel like I'm choosing a favorite child.

I hope to (soon, very soon) move on from etsy as my main stomping ground in the internet world (moving on moving up).  I am in the process of creating a new wordpress website, which is driving me insane (granted, it's only been 2 days). Yah, wordpress is supposed to be user friendly (for a normal person).   But boy have I been spoiled by blogger, tumblr, etc.  I mean, it took me a while to get what exactly tumblr was, imagine how long it's gonna take me now that I have to copy and paste html and close tags and rewrite tags.  Hah, you thought I was gonna complain about actually *writing* html? That'd be like complaining about the arctic flooding over.  I'll be dead when it happens anyways. (I hope).

1 comment:

  1. I love the rings. Thanks for sharing the photos. And stop by my blog too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete