Saturday, July 17, 2010

You are what you wear





trendy t-shirts with a cool graphic or clever saying are a major vice of mine.  I always think I'm over it (it's so hipster) and then I do something stupid like peruse american apparel and I see these perfectly nonchalant articles of clothing that would be so *suitable* announce to the world how hip I am, see all these things that interest me? Why yes, I love the Beatles, why yes I think this colorful pattern is simply marvelous, aren´t I eclectic?, Where the Wild Things Are is simply brilliant, oh yeah and so is the Cookie Monster--can't you see I'm charmingly childlike and obviously sophisticated too to have had the confidence to wear this shirt and not have it detract from your opinion of me? And God Forbid I look like I bought it last week for $29.99 at Urban Outfitters.  No no, it's supposed to look like I had this tee forEVER, it was just lying at the bottom of of my drawer along with my American Cancer Society and Greetings from Niagra Falls tees and I happen to be wearing it today because I'm doing laundry and running errands and painting the outside of my house.
***
I always think maybe just a couple...and then all of sudden I have enough to clothe the audience at a Weezer concert at UC Berkeley. Except not really, since I don't even have *one* right now.  God I have such good self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment