Monday, June 24, 2013

Thoughts/Random Facts

From Freshman Year...

In the cafeteria This girl who is my ex-room mate's frenemy looked at me and looked away.  This is after I saw that she wrote on my room mate's facebook wall,


your presence is missed :( saw your roommate when I was swiping into Hayden... she still looks clueless as ever ahahha




I hate that it bothers me, that it feels more like high school than college (we're all supposed to be adults!)  I feel like I'm making such a big deal out of I don't know I'll regret if people read this and if it will make me feel vulnerable and small but oh well I think everyone has been stabbed in the back before by people they know they shouldn't give a shit about. 


I saw this girl who I think I saw on youtube.  I stared at her for a moment and she looked back at me until I was conscious of the recognition that was obvious in my face so I quickly looked at the other people in the room as if I was eavesdropping on everything.  Man I really need to work on not being an obvious might-as-well-be-wearing-a-bright-red-bodysuit dork


1.  I feel bad for feeling bad when I see someone eating alone because having eaten alone (and I still do), I know he/she is not lonely and in actuality it's rather peaceful.

2.  My hair is so icky lately...like for the last 3 months.  Usually it's all soft and light after I wash it, but lately it's been so dry and the shampoo (I've been using Pantene pretty much since the age I wasn't bald anymore) hasn't been jiving with my hair--it leaves the roots in a matted tangled mess, forcing me to condition right next to the scalp in order to get it out.  I'm almost hoping it's the winter weather/heating that's drying it up and not something annoying like having to eat healthy in order to remedy it.

3.  I keep hearing this buzzing noise.  Sounds like my cellphone but it seems like it's coming from another direction.  Maybe I have supersonic hearing and it's from next door.

***
nope it's my cellphone.  I need to get my ears checked.

4. Watching Mary Tyler Moore.  Man she is skinny.  I'm almost scared for her until I realize this show is 40 years old.  And why do they keep saying Rhoda's fat?  Are they all Twiggy wannabes?  Love the clothes, but the premise is too caught between trying to be edgy and homey.  Honey Mooners is better.

5. I love Anthropologie's aesthetic but the general quality of their clothes and jewelry seem really poor for their prices (free people and urban outfitters are the same).  Honestly I don't know why they make the lack of quality so obvious, sometimes it's like Forever 21 clothing and jewelry for J Crew prices.  I'm really surprised that they're so successful when most of the reviews for their items are negative.  I guess they really suck you in (myself included) with the irresistible styles.

6. I hate when super supercilious people go like, " I have a PHD in psychology went to Yale and have an IQ of 170 and I think Family Guy is hilarious" as if their academic intelligence asserts that there's some hidden, underlying genius to these butt-head shows. Um, no, all it means is that you're secretly a 12 year old boy, and have the same humor as the middle aged college dropouts that our living in their parents' basement.  Get over it.

7. I can't help but think that it's impossible to be super made up and intelligent at the same time.  Naturally beautiful, that's a different story.  I dunno, it  just seems like if you can devote hours to tanning and layering eyeliner on, it's hard to imagine that you truly have a passion for learning.  'Cause if you did, wouldn't you rather spend your time reading/writing theorems/saving the world than on your appearance? 

No comments:

Post a Comment