Monday, May 5, 2014

Dream Diary Post day 73 11

We were on a school bus. We stopped because there was a ice cream truck outside and my grandma wanted to get ice cream. I was afraid she was going to fall going down the big bus steps but she didn't.

We were on the street where I lived on Montgomery. It was a sunny day and the grass was green. There was a little Chinese girl kidnapped by the old lady and old man that lived on the house on the far left with the white paneling and the white roof. The old lady had a curly white perm and the old man wore a plaid shirt and baggy khaki pants and a black leather belt as old men tend to wear. They carved words into the little girl's face with a switchblade. The old couple let the girl's parents visit her in the basement, but she couldn't go home. My parents and aunts decided to go to the house and rescue the girl. The general consensus was, this is absurd, we all know they have her, we should hurry up and rescue her before they know that we know.

We're in the foyer of their house, it's airy and cool, and has all the pretenses of a casual conversation between neighbors. Except all of a sudden the old lady is swinging kitchen scissors in our faces so we try to run out the door. Except she grabs me and blocks me and shuts the front door and I'm alone with her. She carves my initials into the inside of my lower lip with a switchblade. I scream and it stings and she releases me as I try to open the door as fast as I can. I'm crying as I stumble back into the sunlight down the stone steps towards the sidewalk as I keep telling myself it's just flesh, it's just flesh, it will heal.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment