Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Dream Diary Post 13 Day 81

Walking into hallway with nice french windows  on the right hand side and wooden floors. Straight in front of me was one of those metal buffet warmers filed with some sort of panini/waffle filled with scrambled eggs and breakfast sausage, a cafeteria-riff of waffle tacos I suppose.

I was at a talk featuring Sarah Silverman and it was Q&A time.  There was this one guest with messy bleached blonde hair almost dreadlock-like in texture and she was asking too many annoying lame questions basically insinuating that she and Sarah must have similar creative struggles, were comedy equals, and that she smokes a couple puffs of weed before she sleeps.

I wanted to ask Sarah Silverman a couple questions about her creative process, how she came to structure her one liners. She called on me with a knowing and sympathetic smile, like how some of my teachers did in high school, as if she sensed my nervousness.  She said she loved my performance in Peep World.  I smiled politely, not wanting to ruin the good-naturedness by correcting her that it wasn't me (heart-brokenly she must have confused me with another Asian).  I continued with my question.  Did they just pop into her head, did she observe something and then try to formulate a one-liner out of it?  Except when I was asked to provide examples I was totally stumped.  The crowd moved on and Sarah called on another person while I wracked my brain and Youtube for examples.  I raised my hand again but I was repeatedly passed over for new question askers.

No comments:

Post a Comment