Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dream Diary Post 3

I dreamed that I was in this airy restaurant Somewhere in Europe there was a spiraling wooden staircase and the interior wall of the front was this fresh green, throughout the restaurant were touches of ivy and other hints of botany (but no flowers).  I sat down to eat upstairs a plate of something or other (there were vegetables nd there was rice it was all bite-sized) on a square table with a white tablecloth and then I feel asleep.  And I woke up with my cheek to the mattress of a single-sized bed with dark mahogany headboard, the set up was not unlike a Dickensian dormitory or hospital.  I stood up, it was 10:00 in the morning, I walked down the stairs in the front and looked at the giant arched window above the door and the sunlight streaming in.  It was beautiful, but I felt out of place, alone and somewhere I wasn't supposed to be.  Like when I'm in a department store and notice a shelf of beautiful teapots and I want to marvel, but it's fleeting and tainted because the rest of the party is barreling ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment