Monday, January 4, 2010

I want a typewriter/I am extremely fond of parentheses

It is far more satisfying typing on my painfully outdated dell desktop keyboard (wow, it has a cord and everything) than it is on the soft effortless keys of my mac book. That may be the only thing I miss. Besides the occasional issues in compatibility.

See full size image





I want this. Apparently (apparently? it is!) it's made of eco-friendly bamboo and has that old-timey charm of wooden furniture.


But who uses a personal desk top anymore (besides my dad)?

And aesthetically pleasing at it is, I can't completely heart it knowing that the whole point of using man made plastics is because they were found to be far more effective, constructive and durable (the same thoughts pain me when I covet romantically lovely vintage telephones). But, it's not like I'm remotely tech-savvy or anything, so I guess it wouldn't hurt me to focus primarily on looks. And seeing as how tech stuff these days becomes obsolete within a couple years or even months, eco-friendly bamboo may be the way to go.


But this. THIS. I have no rationalization for needing this. Except that I WANT IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment